If you are great, we want you!
We’re always on the lookout! Great people make for a great client experience. The Volkswagen St. John’s work culture is fun, dynamic and respectful.
As the #1 Volkswagen store in Atlantic Canada and one of the top VW stores in all of Canada we know success is a result of our progressive approach, and great people. We’ve been serving the St. John’s market for over 30 years. As a second-generation, family owned and operated business we are committed to a customer-first approach. Our goal is to always provide the best new and used car purchase and service experience possible.
We know cars. We also know it’s the people behind them who make them what they are. We know we can accomplish incredible things when the right people are in the right positions – and more importantly, we love making that happen. We employ the best and brightest people in the industry and are committed to a work experience that is both rewarding, inclusive and enjoyable.
We currently have openings in the following positions:
Equipment Operator / Facility Manager
Matthews Motors, operator of Volkswagen St. John’s and Audi St. John’s is looking for an experienced heavy equipment operator to manage and run our winter snow clearing operations, and maintain our dealership’s facilities and equipment.
To be considered for this position, you must have experience in snow clearing operations. With a fleet of modern equipment at both locations including: new front-end loaders, new trucks and plows, salters, a Kubota tractor, and dry bulk salt on site – all the necessary tools are in place for snow clearing operations. Our VW dealership boasts 15,000 square foot heated basement where all our equipment can be kept warm, dry and clean. For anybody with experience in this field, you will not find a better set up.
Additionally, the successful candidate will also assist and oversee other individuals in the Facilities Department, manage our tire storage program, and be responsible for day-to-day upkeep of our buildings, and other equipment. The successful candidate must be able to manage people and parts of our business with independence, and we see the importance of this role more than anybody.
We are looking or an experienced individual, that is a team player, and can:
- Safely operate large snow clearing machinery.
- Perform basic maintenance on heavy equipment.
- Maintain new and used vehicle display and support vehicle sales activities.
- Receive new vehicle shipments and move and arrange vehicles to optimize space.
- Ensure lot is organized, clean, and free from trash, litter and debris.
- Move cars as directed and in accordance with dealership display standards.
- Ensure new, used and wholesale vehicles are parked in designated lot areas, as well as those waiting for maintenance and to be cleaned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to safely operate heavy snow clearing equipment.
- Ability to operate a wide variety of cars, light trucks, and vans, with ability to drive both manual and automatic transmissions.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- Clean Code of Conduct.
- Ability to work outdoors and stand on your feet for extended periods of time
This is a full-time, permanent position. Benefits include:
- Pay of $25/hour plus overtime.
- Medical plan.
- Annual paid vacation.
- All required safety equipment.
- Top of the line snow clearing and salt equipment.
- Work with a great team.
This position is a key component to our team, and safety must be a top priority for the successful candidate.